Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Inspired by Ivory

I did something I don't think I have ever done before. I read the paper wrapping on a bar of Ivory soap. Each bar wrapper has a little saying on it and this one said "if you want to be free, learn to live life simply". One of the first thoughts that came to mind was, yes the monks probably had it right. Then I started looking at my life and how simple (or not so simple) my life is. When I try to do too much, even my Christian work, I find I am less able to comunicate well or cultivate relations as I should. Jesus ask us to do very little. He said to be as little children in our faith, serve others before yourself and proclaim the good news to all points on earth. Simply put I think it is live as He would. Would Jesus ride in a Lexus when a Kia would do (ride a stalion when an ass is available. I guess the fat around my waist tells more of a story of how well I am doing. With daily reminders and the help of my friends I can continue to learn more and strive to follow the one who I proclaim to be a follower of.
john

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home