Wednesday, October 20, 2004

kudos

It is not often I get a warm fuzzy feeling. Yesterday out of the blue, a group of people I get to help serve, gave me a compliment. "I am their favorite". I don't know about you, but I find it difficult to accept complements, so I made a joke of it (my own insecurities). They laughed and said no we really mean it. I said thank you and went on about doing what I do for them feeling oh so humble. Why should I be special to them when I only do what I do because it makes me feel good. I like being around them and sharing the joys of life. I do try to see them through the eyes of Jesus. If they happen to get a glimps of Jesus through my eyes then I guess maybe I am doing what He has asked each of us to do. I sometimes think that I don't do enough so then try harder, but is even that enough? I realize that if I quit trying so hard and just love people and let the light shine from my eyes then that is when Christ can be seen. I am far from perfect but on occasion I listen (what a concept)and hear that voice calling to me, John feed my children. Jesus said to Satan, "It is written; 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'" So, what can I do? Maybe just go on feeding with both bread and the word of God living Christ love and humbly thank each for the chance to give what I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home