Thursday, October 21, 2004

Life of Luxury

Recently we had a visit from new friends. John, Ruth and their daughter are from Kapenguria, Kenya. Our life styles are quite different but our God is the same. During their visit God granted me a view of my blessings and greed! One evening we were sitting in my livingroom visiting, John was sitting in a leather recliner. I showed him how to recline and put the foot rest up and he was gleefully in the lap of luxury. Oh, how he enjoyed himself, oohing, and ahing, loving the comforts of our home.
Just before comming to our home we and others had just watched a video of John's church. The church is under a large tree. The tree giving comfort of shade in the hot African sun. The pews were small tree trunks laying horizontally on blocks about eighteen inches off the ground. This days congregation consisted of clashing tribes, who upon arrival were armed with all kinds of weapons. Through the love of Jesus John spoke to his congregation and soon the weapons were stored away and singing and holding of hands was everywhere.
Looking back on our visit I see many things. God has blessed me with living in the United States where most any thing is possible. God has blessed me with a nice home, a couple of cars, a church building that is overflowing with brothers and sisters. God has let me meet new friends in different counties whose lives are quite different from mine. God has given me opportunities to travel and share my life change with many. I see my many blessings and I see the many needs all over the world. What would God have me do? I think the way is very clear. He has to given me so that I might know they joy of giving. I think that God has supplied a way for me to see that others are allowing me to give of my possessions, that I might receive the gift of love. Being able to enjoy the real gift is the only "life of luxury".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home