Thursday, May 12, 2005

Plasma donation

Tomorrow I go to our local blood bank to make my monthly donation of plasma. The whole experience takes about an hour and twenty minutes, which gives me time to read and chat with the staff. I figure Christ gave His blood for me so why not symbolically give mine for others. I realize that Jesus gave me eternal life but the act of giving, for me, is a gift that I receive. Giving blood, time, money, heart - what ever it is, gives the giver more than what they give.
It's funny, since I began giving plasma, I have not had a cold or had the flu or really had any sickness at all. People all around me have fallen ill. I think instead of going to get your annual flu shot maybe a few donations might do just as well!
I feel bad about not keeping my blog up to date but I feel guilty sitting here at this desk when I have so many other things calling my name. I have laundry to do, a bus load of kids to drive, a church building project to work on, my short term mission work to get busy with, my house to fix(two toilets that need minor repair, some light bulbs need replacing and a microwave that doesn't wave). Now that I have convinced myself to go do those things I will say chau.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home