Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I am a procrastinator

My name is John and I am a procrastinator.
I meant to write this some time ago but never quite got around to it. My intentions are usually good but I seem to get distracted by other things in my life. Could it be that I try to do too much? Maybe I use that as an excuse! One reason I don't write as often as I should is my lack of writting skills (I wish I had spell check for my blog). Although I am not a skillful writter(I guess you will have to put up with my blunders), I still like to attempt to say what ever crosses this pea brain of mine.
I just finished "The Canopy" by Angela Hunt, it made me reflect on a few things: One such thing is the trust we put in others. When I was a child my neighbor ladies thought nothing of knocking on our door in the morning and just letting themselves in more morning coffee and soaps.I still think it was a little weird but then the fifties probably were just that. I knew my neighbors, two, three or four doors in any direction. If we had even a small problem, our neighbors new about it and were there for us. If any of our neighbors had a problem we knew and were there. I think that part of our problem is that as we grow closer together (more families living in closer proximity) the more we tend to put up fences. We are so afraid to share our lives with others that we hold back until we need to hire a neighbor to listen and call them our psychologist. Blog-ville is another outlet we use because most of you don't know me I feel safe letting off steam or baring my soul. I find that as in any relationship it takes an extreme effort to make things work. I have to give even when it seems everyone else is just taking. When we can give like Christ did, and not expect something in return, then we start the relationship that with time will grow.
I would love to have time to sit and write to all my friends and acquaintances. I have great plans to do just that but then I am a great procrastinator, so hold me accountable. Poke jabs at me and tell me I'm not following through. After all isn't that what good neighbors and friends do?
John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home