Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Visitor

It was a dark night, caused in part by the cool drizzle that fell. I sensed, more than saw movement in the distance. I scanned the way in front of me but saw no one. Who, but me, would be out on such a night as this?
Home at last, I step into the doorway and hang my wet coat, am I alone? The house is dark except the light by my recliner that I left on upon my departure. It's been a long time since I came home to a greeting, a long time since I came home to anything. As I go down the hallway to the bathroom I again feel that I am not alone, I look around but see nothing.
After having a cup of tea and writting in my journal I'm more than ready for bed. I climb the stairs to my bedroom and again it seems like someone is right there but I can't see anybody. I have the lights on, nobody in the room, I check the walk-in closet, nobody. I check the bathroom, nobody! Am I going crazy?
As I drift off to sleep I try to look back on my day, what did I do and were my actions wasted? Sleep, uninterrupted sleep!
Awe, a new day!
Something is stirring in me, I need to do something special. It's a beautiful day. Fresh from last nights rain and now the sun shines bright in the clear blue sky. Yes, go out and enjoy the day. But wait, my friend is near. I can feel Him. It's like he is calling my name. No words are spoken but I can still hear my name, weird!
So, I start getting ready. I'm going to go for a bike ride on one of the many bike trails made for us in the great Pacific Northwest. I'm ready to head out the door when I notice my bible sitting open on the floor next to my recliner. Did I leave it there last night? Did I read in it yesterday? And then, I hear my name again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home