Thursday, March 25, 2010

Why me? Thanks anyway!

I should have known it was going to be one of those days. My knee hurt more than normal during my work out this morning. Then, breakfast was out because I didn't go to the store last night and had nothing good to eat.
If I had gone to the store last night I would have realized that I had left my sunroof open and my back window down. Did I mention it rained last night? I had about a half inch of rain in my cup holders and both front seats were soaked. I made do with a large towel on my seat but then noticed my airbag light was on, must have been the rain on my steering wheel. My seat dried out pretty good but then the seat heater for the passenger side didn't heat up to help dry out the seat. Must have been the soaking from the rain.
Got downtown (something I avoid is going to town), and found that my friend (Pro-Tem Judge) was only working the morning calendar and had already gone home.
Got a call from my tax person and was informed that I would not be getting a refund this year. I in fact will be paying a few thousand dollars. Ok, I'm choking at this point.
I think, I'll watch a little TV and just chill. What could be wrong with just sitting back and relaxing? I'm watching a dumb movie and the picture keeps freezing up and going into contortions so I figure Eh, I'l just switch because it is a pretty dumb show. So now it is a different channel, different movie and the same thing happens AUUUGGG!
All this on top of my mother-in-law dying of cancer last week and a friend dying of leukemia this week! My wife died a year ago, next Sunday, of cancer.
Has it been a crazy time for me? Oh yes! Is it about me? I guess the answer is yes in some ways (I've got a lot to learn), but I'm still alive and kicking and someone needs me strong and ready so I can't just sit here and feel sorry for myself.
Lord, what is it you want me to see?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home